Website Design & Development
Research & Discovery
Hosting & Maintenance
We’re Here to Help!
Send us an email or a dm.
Meticulous coordination and project management will help ensure the project gets delivered on-time and to spec. This will include a project-kickoff meeting to get on the same page at which time we will discuss your goals, overall vision, and the project timeline.
Research & Discovery
To ensure the final product is effective, we need to understand your customers and how you want them to interact with your site. We’ll look closely at the competitive landscape to establish context and benchmarks for how your site should function and how we will improve on it. This may include the creation of a formal competitive review document.
With our goals set, I’ll prepare resources for your review and input. These may include:
- Site Audit – Review of the existing website (if applicable) including a content audit and review of current setup and configurations
- Site Architecture – High-level flow chart listing all pages/sub-pages
- Wireframes – Blueprints showing how blocks of content will be arranged on the page (up to 3)
- Content Guideline – Shared Google Doc to guide you through the content writing process including recommended word counts
We will work with you to collect credentials and assets required to design and build your site. These may include:
- Accounts: Relevant credentials/logins (GoDaddy, Wix, Google Account, etc)
- Text Content: Copy from your current website consolidated into a single document
- Existing Brand Assets: Any existing branded assets or imagery like logos, brand standards guide, icons, fonts, stock photography, etc.
- Photography: Available photography or sample images
Work with our go-to copywriter, Kayla Calder Consulting, to develop written content for your new website. The process includes:
- Content meeting with Kayla to discuss your business, goals for your website, and your professional voice
- Content writing by Kayla using a structured template
- Draft content delivered to you in a single document for review
- Up to two (2) rounds of revisions
Next, we will prepare Design Mockups which show you how the final web pages will look and incorporate brand fonts/colours. This includes one (1) round of revisions.
Once the design is approved, I’ll start building the new site on my hosting server. This will include a standard WordPress install and configuration. The process includes:
- DNS Configuration. Pointing your domain name to our hosting servers
- Hosting Server setup with WordPress installed
- Theme installation with a Child Theme for additional customization and flexibility
- Plugins installed/configured as needed (seo, caching, form builder, etc.)
- Imports/Integrations (fonts, icons, external libraries, analytics, etc.)
- User Accounts created for you to log in and make content edits as needed (if applicable)
Next, we will integrate the agreed upon design and custom functionality. This includes page layouts, global navigation/footer setup,, image optimization, importing content, and CSS styling.
Before launch, we need to test links, menus, buttons, and contact forms and test the site across different browsers and devices. Any bugs that arise from this testing will be fixed prior to launch.
⚠️ Disclaimer: We do not guarantee that your website will look exactly the same on every screen size. It may render with slight differences across different screens.
Upon final review and approval, we will launch the site. Afterwards, we’ll sit down for a 1-hour training session outlining the basics of logging into your site and making updates.
Hosting & Maintenance (monthly)
Websites require ongoing maintenance for best performance, security, and SEO. Our standard hosting and maintenance plans keep your website running smoothly and include:
- Basic website hosting on a dedicated VPS server
- WordPress and plugin updates to implement the latest features and security patches
- Monthly backups to protect you should something ever go wrong with the site
- Small site updates and support as-needed (up to 1 hour per month)
Fees are paid monthly via pre authorized credit card. Learn more.
Overall, designing and building a website involves a lot of planning, research, and testing to ensure that the final product meets your unique goals and requirements.
Brands and art projects I’ve developed and worked on. Detailed branding portfolio coming soon!
Ready to get started? Fill out our survey to tell us about you and your business.